Thursday, July 30, 2015

How to Factory Reset Lenovo K3 Note or other Android phone with Chinese Recovery


1. Switch off your phone,
2. Press and hold the 'Volume +' and 'power button' at the same time.
3. Press these keys and hold them until you are in the Chinese recovery menu.
4. Chinese recovery will look like as shown in the below image.



5. Now you can navigate through the menu by pressing 'volume up' to move up the menu and 'volume down' key to move up the menu.
6. You can use Power button to enter any of those options.
Translation of each of the options in the Chinese recovery menu is shown in the diagram below.



  • Manual Test: this option is used to test whether the selected aspect of the phone is working perfectly.
  • Individual test: this one narrows the test to individual items such as the LED lights.
  • Test results: this option gives the overall test results of the functionality of the phone.
  • Debug test options: Tests the debug functionality of the phone.
  • Wipe eMMC: this option is the one used to factory reset your phone and is easy to identify because it has eMMC in it. eMMC basically means internal memory.
  • Version Info: This option shows basic information about the android phone including the software version, build time, IMEI number, just to mention a few.
  • Reboot: U can use this option to reboot the phone.
7. Now to Factory reset your phone navigate to 'Wipe eMMC' option using 'volume up' key and 'volume down' key and press the power button to perform Factory reset.
8. Your phone will reboot now . If not select the last option in the Chinese Recovery Menu to reboot your phone.

WARNING : Resetting your phone, means your going to eraser everything your phone have. So you need to copy first contact to your sim card, copy your audios, videos, and pictures. I am not responsible for any kind of data loss in your phone.

FB Group : Lenovo K3 Note Official Group [India]
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Lenovo.K3.Note.Official.Group.India/


26 comments :

  1. Excellent..step by step..it worked for me,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro! i was unable to translate it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I formatted my lenovo k3 note due to hanging but I lost my personal photos. so have you any idea to get them back into my phone back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info. it helped for my lenovo k3 note hard reset - Kamal

    ReplyDelete
  5. go to five option emmc press power no restart ur set ok done

    ReplyDelete
  6. 100% working for me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not working for me. Did this after upgrading to marshmallow. Any other way ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was very helpful. Thanks bro.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. working bro thanx

    ReplyDelete
  10. tnx a lot, you saved my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sez te uzu mein khas. yoto te khaleesi
    te khal drogo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this excellent tutorial, it helped me resetting my lenevo which had chinese hard boot menu

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for this excellent tutorial, it helped me resetting my lenevo which had chinese hard boot menu

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks. It helps me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how much time it will take for emmc?

      Delete
  15. Will VOLTE update be available over OTA for K3 note and if so when?

    ReplyDelete
  16. will
    i solve my network issue in k3 note ?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for your post now my phone is working fine but whenever i update my OS Andriod.process stop working msg shows.

    ReplyDelete
  18. can i use this same for Lenovo k8 not ?

    ReplyDelete